Hamilton Hits Boston! Be Blown Away by Award-Winning Broadway ShowExperience a Broadway phenomenon that's unlike anything you've seen before this fall when the Tony-winning show Hamilton hits the Boston Theatre District this fall! Everyone is buzzing about Lin-Manuel Miranda's blockbuster hit, a sung- and rapped-through musical that tells the story of American Founding Father Alexander Hamilton. It's the must-see Broadway event of the decade. Witness the magic September 18 to November 18 at the Boston Opera House. It's located just 0.4 miles from our boutique hotel in the Boston Theatre District– a 10-minute walk!
Who Is Alexander Hamilton, Anyway?In case you slept through 5th-grade history, Alexander Hamilton had a huge influence on America's formation and development. He rose from a Caribbean street kid to the right-hand man of George Washington – a true American dream story. Hamilton was the United States' first Secretary of the Treasury, a delegate of the Constitutional Convention, and an author of the Federalist Papers. You would probably recognize him, because his face is on the $10 bill. He famously died in a duel with Aaron Burr.
Hamilton on Broadway in Boston: What You Need to Know About the StoryThe musical is set in 1776 New York and follows the life of Hamilton, who worked his way up from an orphan childhood in the Caribbean to a political mastermind and a Founding Father of America. As a teenage clerk, he wrote a moving piece about a hurricane that inspired a group of mentors to send him to school in New York. He was soon working for George Washington and led a bayonet charge at Yorktown, the battle that decided the fate of the American Revolution. He got married, had a scandalous affair, made some serious enemies, and spoiled the election of Aaron Burr. And it's all right there in the musical.
Why Is Hamilton Such a Big Deal on Broadway?Hamilton opened Off-Broadway in February 2015 and was an instant success, soon moving to Broadway itself with sell-out crowds packed with celebrities. Tickets sell out in minutes, and ticket prices go through the roof for good seats. Broadway fans have shelled out thousands of dollars to see the live show. But why is Hamilton such a hit? Numerous factors play into its success:
- Diverse Music – The dense, non-stop rhythm and unpredictability of hip hop fly high with strong influences from Golden Age Broadway sounds, R&B, soul, 60s pop, and even jazz.
- Multicultural Cast – Diversity is also central to the casting of the show; in fact, all of the characters are played by multicultural actors except one (England's King George).
- Star-Studded Audiences – Celebrities from around the world have been gushing about the show, including Beyonce, Bill Clinton, Julia Roberts, and Steve Martin. The Obamas have seen it twice.
- Award-Winning – The musical has won 11 Tony Awards and the 2016 Pulitzer Prize for drama.
- Real History – Hamilton is historically accurate. You'll actually learn something while you're entertained.
- Drama, Drama, Drama – Hamilton has it all: revolution, blackmail, a sex scandal, and death by duel at the hands of the Vice President! What's not to love?
How Do I Get Hamilton Tickets in Boston?The Boston Opera House will release Hamilton tickets daily for upcoming performances. Tickets to Hamilton in Boston start at $80 plus taxes and fees. You can check the full schedule and purchase tickets directly via the Boston Opera House website. Check back daily for best results.
Hamilton Broadway Musical: Schedule of Shows at Boston Opera HousePerformances will take place from September 18 to November 18. The show lasts 2 hours and 45 minutes, including one intermission. Here's the schedule:
- Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursdays at 7:30 p.m.
- Fridays at 8:00 p.m.
- Saturdays at 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Sundays at 1:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- No shows on Mondays
Book Your Hamilton Package Now at Our Boston Theatre District HotelTreat yourself to the ultimate Hamilton experience with our one-of-a-kind Hamilton Package! It's the perfect way to make the most of your big night out. Available September 18 through November 18, our Boston Hamilton Package includes:
- Locally-inspired overnight accommodations at our stylish hotel, less than a 10-minute walk to the Boston Opera House.
- Unique Hamilton welcome amenity to set the stage for an amazing night.
- $50 credit towards provocative pub fare and pioneering spirits at Rebel's Guild restaurant. Try the special Hamilton menu!
- Late check-out at 2:00 p.m.
Local Artwork, Independent Spirit, Handcrafted Charm
Don't just stay in the Boston Theatre District – connect with the authentic soul of this historic neighborhood through unexpected discoveries and cultural explorations. Put yourself in the heart of the city at Revere Hotel Boston Common, a unique retreat with the most exclusive Indulge in authentic New England cuisine, unwind on your private balcony, and feel the rebellious spirit of America's birthplace. Meticulously crafted, but never scripted. Fashionable yet timeless. Browse our current special offers and packages and get inspired to plan your Boston vacation.