Pet Friendly Boston: Top Things to Do With Your Pets
Rooted in an irreverent spirit, Boston is a beautiful dog-friendly destination for a summer escape. If you're thinking about roaming close to home with family and Fido, this energetic city offers many dog-friendly neighborhoods, parks, trails, and patios. In fact, Boston is one of the most dog friendly cities on the East Coast and the place for a summer adventure with your four-legged friends. Leashed pups can even ride the T trains so it's easy to get around.
What makes Boston so pet friendly?
The concierge at the Revere Hotel Boston Common and his pup have shared their favorite pet friendly places and activities in Boston. Grab the leash and your sense of adventure and discover our amazing dog-friendly town.
A Walk in the Parks
Boston is known for its beautiful, historic and dog friendly parks. From urban greenways to gardens, Boston's natural side is calling.
- Walk to Boston Common, with beautiful walking trails, recreation areas, and off-leash hours.
- Explore the breathtaking Boston Public Garden with walkways, paths, gardens, and a pond in the heart of Boston.
- Go off leash at the South Boston Dog Park and the Paul Revere Dog Park.
- Enjoy a scenic walk and fresh air along the Charles River Esplanade with shaded parks and paths along the Back Bay.
Find a Trail
Summer is a wonderful time to explore the dog-friendly trails, paths, and green spaces of Boston.
- Enjoy a day of play on the scenic Neponset River Greenway, an 8.2-mile rail-to-trail.
- Enjoy a walk or jog along the Rose Kennedy Greenway with a ribbon of urban parks, art, picnic areas, and food trucks.
- Spend a perfect day outdoors in nature at the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University, a beautiful park with miles of wooded walkways and trails.
- Explore Belle Isle Marsh, a gorgeous wildlife area for on-leash adventure.
Reach the Beach
Enjoy the sun, sand, and surf this summer on the beaches of Boston.
- Enjoy on-leash walks along the south Boston shoreline at Castle Island Beach.
- Between Labor Day and Memorial Day, Boston's Carson Beach is a scenic spot for dog walks and swims.
Set Sail on Boston Harbor
- Experience the 2-Hour Sail on Boston Harbor, a dog friendly adventure with sailing lessons and amazing views of the waterfront.
Dine on a Patio
Boston is a foodie destination with many incredible dog friendly restaurants, bars and outdoor patios where you can eat and chill with your pup.
- Enjoy New England cuisine, chill on a sofa with a cocktail, and take in sweeping views of the Back Bay from [email protected] – the city's largest rooftop lounge - at the Revere Hotel Boston Common.
- Swing by Toro Boston, a dog-friendly South End joint that serves up Barcelona inspired small plates made with local ingredients.
- Enjoy Italian small plates, pizza, pasta and wine on the charming patio at Coppa, an enoteca tucked into Boston's South End.
- Grab a craft beer and grass-fed burger with man's best friend on the patio at Five Horses Tavern in Boston's South End.
Discover History on the Freedom Trail
- Soak up 250 years of history on Boston's Freedom Trail, where your pet is welcome on-leash.
- Walk the 2.5-mile red line to 16 historic sites, museums, churches, meeting houses, parks, and markers that tell the story of the American Revolution.
- Stop at the city's most iconic sites like Fanueil Hall, Boston Common and the Bunker Hill Monument.
Stay in Boston's Most Pet Friendly Hotel
Located in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood, the Revere Hotel Boston Common is a pet-friendly urban refuge. Relax in luxurious accommodations that reflect the city's rebellious spirit – from its wicked cool art to views of the Boston skyline and harbor. The Revere offers pet-friendly rooms and suites on the 9th floor, just steps from the city's beautiful parks, paths, and patios.
Book the Hospawtality Pet Package with a pet-friendly room in the heart of Boston, dog bedding, bowls, and welcome treats. For anything else you need, just ask.