America's First Thanksgiving took place right outside of Boston at Plymouth as a feast of gratitude for the early Pilgrims who settled the New World - and survived. Since 1621, Thanksgiving has become one of the country's most beloved holidays, and New England is the perfect place to celebrate all the wonderful things in life. Take in a thrilling game with the Celtics or Bruins. Indulge your love of arts and culture with a symphony, ballet, or music concert. Shop for amazing deals on Black Friday and discover why Thanksgiving in Boston is truly special.
Catch Boston Sports Fever with the Celtics, Bruins & Patriots
The autumn season brings an end to baseball season, but you still have plenty of opportunities to experience Boston's fervent fan culture at pro sports games. Check out NFL football with the New England Patriots, NHL hockey with the Boston Bruins, and NBA basketball with the Boston Celtics. Thanksgiving week and weekend brings four big games to the city:
- Sunday, November 24 - New England Patriots vs. Dallas Cowboys at Gillette Stadium
- Wednesday, November 27 - Boston Celtics vs. New York Nets at TD Garden
- Friday, November 29 - Boston Bruins vs. New York Rangers at TD Garden
- Sunday, December 1 - Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens at TD Garden
Enjoy a Night on the Town: Live Shows, Music Concerts & Performances
Fire up your festive spirit with a festive evening of live entertainment. From the beautiful ballet dances of The Nutcracker to the rhymes of Talib Kweli; from the comedy of Jenny Slate to the pop stardom of Madonna - there's a little bit of everything on the calendar for Thanksgiving weekend in Boston.
- Friday, November 29 - Boston Symphony Orchestra: Christian Zacharias - Brahms & Schumann
- Friday, November 29 - Our Last Night at House of Blues
- Friday, November 29 - Boston Ballet: The Nutcracker (Opening Night)
- Friday, November 29 - Mos Def & Talib Kweli at Big Night Live
- Saturday, November 30 - Boston Symphony Orchestra: Christian Zacharias - Brahms & Schumann
- Saturday, November 30 - Madonna at Wang Theater
- Saturday, November 30 - Jenny Slate at Wilbur Theater
- Saturday, November 30 - Boston Ballet: The Nutcracker
- Sunday, December 1 - Madonna at Wang Theater
- Sunday, December 1 - The Office! A Musical Parody at Virginia Wimberly Theatre
- Sunday, December 1 - Boston Ballet: The Nutcracker
Boston Shopping: Black Friday & Beyond
Whether you want to finish your holiday shopping before December arrives or just want to soak in the festive atmosphere, you'll find plenty of amazing shopping hotspots in the city-many with fun Black Friday deals on Friday, November 29 and all weekend long.
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace - This historic market is closed on Thanksgiving Day but will fling open its doors early on Black Friday. Brave the crowds to find great deals on Boston-themed gifts, artisan treasures, and gourmet foods. Be sure to catch the street performers outside!
- The Prudential Center - Discover a vast collection of shops at this landmark mall, which has some of the top Black Friday bargains in the city. Be sure to visit the 54th floor Prudential Skywalk Observatory for spectacular views of Boston and Boston Harbor.
- Newbury Street - Hunt for deals on fashion and accessories at this go-to destination for Black Friday, where you can find everything from top-end designer merchandise to inexpensive trends for your teenage niece.
- Assembly Row - While this outlet mall is a little further out in Somerville (about 5-10 minutes via subway), it offers huge deals on outlets like Polo Ralph Lauren, Columbia Factory Store, Nike Factory Store, and Saks Fifth Avenue Off Fifth.
- Small Business Saturday - After the rush of Black Friday treasure hunting, don't miss out deals at local shops on Saturday. Head to Boston's vibrant design district to shop at SoWa Small Business Saturday or to the Boston Public Market for artisan finds.
Feel the History at Plimouth Plantation: Thanksgiving Circa 1620
You've heard the story of the Pilgrims your whole life. But what was it really like on the Mayflower? Why did they land at Plymouth Rock? How did the early settlers survive in the strange new land, and why the native people from the Wampanoag Nation help them? Don't just read about history - live it for yourself at Plimouth Plantation, a living history museum and a strikingly authentic recreation of the Pilgrim's settlement from the 1620s. Tour a true-to-life reproduction of the Mayflower, the ship that brought the colonists to the new world. Meet actors playing the role of Pilgrims and learn about farming, cooking, and blacksmithing. Plimouth Plantation is open on Thanksgiving Day, and many companies offer coach tours that will take you from your hotel to the attraction and back.
Getaway for the Holidays at Spirited, Stylish Revere Hotel
Embrace the true character of Boston at our historically-inspired boutique hotel, where every experience is meticulously crafted, yet never scripted. Steps away from the Theater District, Revere Hotel is designed for intrepid travelers, urban pioneers, and rebellious free-thinkers. Enjoy fresh, local cuisine at Rebel's Guild and wake up to skyline views in your beautiful room - followed by a sumptuous breakfast buffet. On-site parking, room service, and pet-friendly rooms make traveling easier, and our staff is always ready with a local recommendation. Celebrate Thanksgiving in Boston with us and discover the key to the city.